Our Values & Ethos
In anything we do for the pupils we must be thoroughly prepared, totally committed & hugely enthusiastic because we never want to think afterwards “What a wasted opportunity”. We are a first choice school for parents within Lewisham local authority, for children and young people identified with specific needs. Our desire to get better, ability to try new things & learn from our errors, our blatant refusal to stand still & our commitment to make it happen must be at the heart of everything we do.
We aim for every pupil to achieve their full potential. Every student will leave New Woodlands literate, numerate and with a personal dream of what they want to achieve in life.
We aim to help each student by:
- Develping their talents and aspirations
- Celebrating cultural and social diversity and recognising them as strengths
- Offering them the opportunities to reach their full potential academically and socially so that they have the necessary skills to become life long learners
To support this aim we:
- Promote and expect high standards of work and behaviour
- Provide a safe and supportive learning environment
- Provide high quality teaching, encouragement and individual attention
- Offer a relevant curriculum with differentiated work
- Promote self-esteem
- Celebrate success
To be the most effective and innovative mixed provision for pupils with SEMH in key stages 1-4
We aim for every pupil to achieve their full potential. Every pupil will leave New Woodlands School literate, numerate and with a personal dream of what they want to achieve in life.